* The anti-Islam campaigner Geert Wilders came in second in the Netherlands with 17% in the Netherlands on Thursday.As the Obama depression spreads to smother the economies of most of the developed world, the political fallout will be interesting to watch. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
* The Hungarian anti-Gypsy extremist party Jobbik took three of the country’s 22 seats.
* In Austria two far-right parties mustered 18%.
* Extreme Slovak nationalists gained their first seat in the European parliament.
* “Eurosceptic” parties won more seats in Denmark, Finland, Austria, and the Czech Republic.
....* The leaders in France and Italy benefited from tough anti-immigration and law-and-order stances, despite the tabloid scandals of the private lives of both. _cominganarchy
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Socialists Win Big in Sweden, Denmark, Greece
In the recent European elections, socialists (in red above) were winners in Sweden, Denmark, and Greece. In much of the rest of Europe, a different story unfolded.